Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: Is there an age limit?
A: Yes. You must be 18+ years & Class XII pass. For our Gaming course you must be 21+ years. The must not be older than 24 years at the time of applying.
2. Q: Why is the course free?
A: We pride ourselves on being a successful & enlightened organization, which aims at empowering local youth with the necessary skill sets for entry level jobs in the flourishing tourism sector of Goa.
3. Q: Is it recognized by the Government?
A: Our hospitality courses are affiliated to the Human Resource Development Foundation (HRDF) of Goa. We follow the HRDF syllabus. Our students will appear for the HRDF administered exam. Successful students would be HRDF certified.
4. Q: What will the salary be like when I get a job in your company?
A: Starting salaries are in the range of Rs.8,000/- pm approximately.
5. Q: What are the documents required for admission?
A: Attested copies of the following certificates:-
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Educational Qualifications
- Mark sheets 10th and 12th Classes
- Character Certificate
- Address proof
- Photo ID
- Certificate of other courses (if any)
6. Q: Do I need to buy any textbooks or study materials?
A: You will be provided with soft copy study material, so it would be advisable to carry a pen drive. You would also be given hand outs from time to time. In some cases the faculty might suggest that you buy certain books. However, this would not be compulsory.
7. Q: Do I get paid during the training period?
A: Yes. This would be under the Learn & Earn program. You would be provided with free training & assured jobs on successful completion of the training programme.
8. Q: What is the minimum qualification required?
A: Class XII pass in any stream.
9. Q: Do you provide international placements?
10. Q: What is the course duration?
A: Short Hospitality courses are of six months duration and the Long courses are one year.
11. Q: What is the batch size?
12. Q: Where is your Institute located?
13. Q: Do you offer accommodation, uniform & food as well?
A: No. You are expected to attend classes in formal professional attire:
- Boys: White full sleeve shirt. Black tie. Black & belt. Black socks & shoes.
- Girls: White full sleeve blouse. Black skirt or black trousers socks & shoes.
14. Q: What are the batch timings?
A: Full day. 10am to 5:30pm.
15. Q: How many classrooms do you have?
16. Q: Is F&B Service same as Food Production?
A: No. F&B Service is a course that teaches you everything about good restaurant service with special emphasis on fine dining.
17. Q: How many students have you previously given jobs
A: All our students that successfully complete our course are assured of jobs within the Deltin Group, alternatively upon request within the Hospitality Industry.
18. Q: Apart from your company do you have tie-ups with companies for with companies for placements?
A: Yes. With most of the 5 star hotel companies, both Indian & International.
19. Q: Do you provide any travelling allowance?